Eastmont Aquatic Center
POOL SCHEDULE LISTEN AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
Swim lessons are month long sessions. Participants can sign up for classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Sessions are twice a week for four weeks (total of 8 classes) for $40. During the school year we pool share with the velocity swim team so the number of classes and kids per class are limited.
Sign up dates for the rest of the year: (Sign ups open at 9 am and fill up fast, create an account in advance if you do not already have one)
- December 18th for January
- Level 1 - For the beginner who is comfortable in the water. Swimmers learn basics of swimming: bobbing, going under water, supported front and back floating, supported rolling over from front to back and back to front, supported gliding, supported flutter kick, supported front crawl arms and jumping in.
- Level 2 - Swimmers should already be able to float on front and back and put their head under water. Swimmers will work on: independent front and back floating, independent rolling over from front to back and back to front, independent front and back glides, front crawl arms and kicks, back crawl arms and kicks, retrieving underwater objects, and jumping into water over their head.
- Level 3 - Swimmers should already be comfortable swimming front stroke and swimming on their back. Swimmers will work on: gliding, freestyle with side breathing, backstroke, breast stroke and dolphin kicks, retrieving objects in deeper water, treading water, jumping into deep water and compact dives.
- Level 4 - Swimmers should already be able to: swim front and back crawl 25 yards. Swimmers will work on: rotary breathing, freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, scissors kick and sidestroke, whip kick and breaststroke, intro to turning at wall, treading water with modified scissors, and diving in kneeling position.
- Level 5 - Swimmers should already be able to: swim freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke 25 yards, scissors kick, whip kick, treading water, and dive. Swimmers will work on: alternate breathing, stride jump, refinement of: freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, dolphin kick and butterfly, open turn on front and back, feet-first surface dive, and treading water.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning water aerobics. Karen Davis will be teaching this class from 8 am to 9 am each week. You can sign up now. Class size is 20 participants per class.
We have partnered with the Brave Warrior Project to get instructors for this program. Sessions will be 30 minutes long. Days and times vary between instructors. If you are interested in the adaptive swim program please fill out this pre-swim questionnaire (PDF). Once you have the form filled out please email it to the park department and call 509-884-8015 to schedule your lessons. The adaptive swim program is from children 21 and under. We also have a Brave Warrior Social Swim time every Saturday from 2 pm to 3 pm for $15 per family!
- Monday / Wednesday / Friday
- 5am-9am Open Lap Swim
- 6am-8am Masters Swimming in lanes 4-5-6
- 8am-9am Deep Water Aerobics, Must Sign Up
- 11am-2pm Open Lap Swim
- 12pm-1pm Masters Swimming in lanes 4-5
- Tuesday / Thursday
- 1pm-3pm Open Lap Swim
- 2pm-3pm Shallow Water Aerobics, Must Sign Up
- 5pm-7pm Open Lap Swim
- 11am-2pm Open Lap Swim
- 2pm-3pm Brave Warrior Family Swim
- 3pm-5pm Family Swim, We will now be allowing Puddle Jumpers during our family swim, No other floatation devises allowed
- Closed All Day